I’m Mel, and I am so happy you are here!
I’ve been posting my favorite, tried-and-true recipes on Mel’s Kitchen Cafe since 2008. I find tremendous joy in making other people (real life or virtual friends!) happy through crazy delicious, amazing food.
Even now, all these years and millions of readers later, my motives for food blogging haven’t changed. I simply want to share the best of the best recipes that will help you (and me!) feel like a rock star in the kitchen.
I also share tips, tutorials, and occasional glimpses into real life. I work really hard to keep this space unsponsored and 100% authentic.
Feel free to email me at [email protected] for questions, comments, or to share your favorite recipes with me (the best!).
Be sure to sign up for my email newsletter! It’s the best way to get access to brand new recipes and exciting announcements.
7 More Things About Me
1. My husband and I currently reside on 25 acres in the southwest part of Idaho (moved here from Northern Minnesota by way of Wisconsin and Utah) with our five kiddos: four boys and one girl.
2. We also have managed to acquire 12 chickens, 2 foster turkeys, 5 cows, 3 kunekune pigs, 2 miniature donkeys, 1 dog, 1 bearded dragon, and a swarm of honey bees. It’s chaotic, dirty and fun *most of the time* – I recently started sharing some of our farming adventures on Instagram @melsfauxfarm (spoiler alert: our motto is “fake it til you make it”).
3. I am fiercely loyal to my little family, and I have a strong belief in Jesus Christ.
4. Dark chocolate, forever and always.
6. I am not not a huge social media fan, but I have found that other than right here on the blog, Instagram is my second favorite spot to connect with you guys (although I do take Friday through Monday off from all social media). I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: I truly have the best readers on the internet. And I love connecting with you so much. You guys keep me going day after food blogging day.
7. I am a homebody to the core. (Also, I very much hate wearing socks.)
15 Favorite Recipes in the History of Ever
1. Black and White Cheesecake Brownies
2. Monterey Chicken (Chili’s Copycat)
3. Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
4. Beach Street Lemon Chicken Pasta
5. Sticky Toffee Pudding Cake
6. The Best Cinnamon Rolls on the Planet
7. Easy Homemade French Bread
8. Peanut Butter Kitchen Sink Cookies
9. Big Fat Double Dark Chocolate Cookies
10. Overnight Creme Brulee French Toast Bake
11. The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip
12. Banh Mi Meatball Sandwiches (My Favorite Sandwich Ever)
13. Copycat Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Recipe
14. Crazy Good Korean Beef Tacos with the Sauce to End All Sauces
15. Vanilla Bean White Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
For more information on privacy policies and affiliate disclosures, click here.
Disclaimer: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.