The absolute joy of these easy, chocolate scotcharoos is that they are super easy, super fast and super delicious.
Hands down, this is my husband’s favorite treat.
The absolute joy of these little babies is that they are super easy, super fast and taste fabulous. I made a double batch – half for him to take to work, half for us at home.
I made them on Sunday. It is now Tuesday and both batches have disappeared down various people’s gullets both at work and at home. They are officially GONE!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 8-10 cups rice krispies
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips
- Melt butter. Add corn syrup and sugar.
- Bring just to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter. Add rice krispies and mix well.
- Press mixture into large baking sheet (11X17). Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir. Continue microwaving for 30 second spurts until chips are melted.
- Spread chips on top of rice krispie mixture. Let chocolate set. Cut into squares and really, try to share a few before you eat the entire batch!